Thursday, October 15, 2009

Imuraya Brown Sugar Taiyaki Ice Cream from Japan

Just a short post on a small treasure I found today.... Was walking around the korean/japanese shop called Shojikiya in The Gardens, Kuala Lumpur where I usually hunt for ice creams when I stumbled upon this :

IMURAYA BROWN SUGAR TAIYAKI ICE CREAM


(doesn't look very tempting does it?)

Skeptical at 1st but still decided to give it a go.. and *bang* ... it tasted --GOOD--... I immediately ranked it my no.1 ice cream from Shojikiya ( I have tried quite a few flavours eg. green tea, vanilla, strawberry.. might do a review on them as well next time)... Dunno bout you guys but I just loved it... You can give it a try =)

The outside of the ice cream is wrapped with a FISH shaped charcoal coloured wafer.





(how it looks like inside, don't let looks deceive you)

The 3 layers inside it consists of :
  • vanilla/milk ice cream
  • a layer of chocolate in between
  • red bean paste
Retail price at Shojikiya : RM 5.90
(be sure to check out their offers... they do have 2 single ice creams -any flavour- for RM 10.00 offers occasionally)

Pssssssssssstttttt..... I walked around the corner to Jusco, Midvalley and guess what??? The sell Japanese ice creams too for RM 5.50..So for those of you looking to save 40cents (hehe, every cent counts mer) can opt to buy from Jusco as well... HOWEVER, they only offer VERY LIMITED flavours (eg . vanilla and etc.) so be sure to check it out before hand..

Alright, will be back with a Korean food post soon.... I'm on a Korean/Japan food wave today because the queue for Sushi King RM2 Bonanza was just crazy and it got on my nerves for not getting to eat it... *argh* crazy queue extended for 3 whole shoplots after dat...

Btw, anyone knows any better ice creams from Shojikiya or any other brands??? Pls drop a comment if you do.. Can't wait to try all the rest....


Till then...^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails